What is Body Contouring?
The term “Body Contouring” includes all those surgical and non-surgical methods that tend to reshape the body, tighten the loose skin and add volume.
There are many types of body contouring treatments, they should be personalized under diagnosis, which uses the benefits of the most advanced technologies to deliver great and noticeable results.
The goal with these body contouring treatments is to reshape the body figure, harmonizing its shapes, and ultimately creating the body you are looking for.
What are the benefits of Body Contouring?
The reasons why some people might think about contouring their bodies can vary a lot: for some, they are looking for improving a certain part of their figure, maybe they want to lose weight, or to shape specific areas of their body such us the buttocks. Whatever these reasons might be, there is no doubt that nowadays there are multiple options for satisfying those needs.
Body Contouring implies a lot of advantages depending on the nature of the treatment. Surgical and Non-Surgical procedures that involves contouring the body offer different solutions and benefits in terms of what the patient wants.
Benefits of Surgical Body Contouring
- Permanent Results
- No touch ups
- Affordable treatment
- Long term weight loss result
- Versatile procedures, tackling multiple areas of the body
Benefits of Non-Surgical Body Contouring
- Results can be built up through time
- Minimal downtime
- Normal routine after the procedure
- Wide range of treatment options
- Short procedures
Surgical Body Contouring Procedures
Body Contouring surgery mainly targets a specific area of the body. They can shape almost any area of the body by removing excess fat and loose skin that does not respond to any diet or exercise.
These sort of treatments must be carried out by a plastic surgeon who performs a personalized evaluation based on your needs and conditions.
Depending on your goals and the areas to be treated, various techniques can be applied:
- Liposuction: Thanks to the effects of liposuction it is possible to remove fat accumulated in different areas of the body such as the abdomen, hips, thighs, buttocks, arms, double chin... It serves to shape the body by removing fat, and can even reinject part of the extracted fat in areas of the body where it may be needed.
- Body Lift: The Body Lift is a surgical procedure designed to eliminate excess fat and skin tissue that appears from massive weight loss in patients who have undergone gastric reduction procedures, gastric by-pass, gastric banding or very severe diets.
- Abdominoplasty: Abdominoplasty is a surgery of the abdominal wall. It is a surgical procedure that removes excess skin and fat from the middle and lower abdomen, while repositioning and strengthening the muscles of the abdominal wall.
Non Surgical Body Contouring Procedures
Thanks to the rapid growth of minimally invasive treatments, the solutions for body contouring without undergoing surgery has increased.
Depending on your goals and the areas to be treated, various treatments can be applied:
- Hyaluronic Acid fillers for Body Contouring
Since Hyaluronic Acid is a natural substance found in our bodies, it is no surprise that it works perfectly in certain areas of the body such as: buttocks, hip dips, calves or hands.
Thanks to its capacity to retain water, ha body fillers can provide the right moisture, hydration and volume to the body acquiring a smoothing and plump effect.
They are an ideal solution for those who are looking for a subtle improvement, reshape or enhance some areas, and to contour and shape your figure.
HYAcorp fillers for the body can help you by:
- Enhancing the Buttocks
- Shaping the Calves
- Improving Body Contours
- Correcting Skin Depressions
- Firming the Body
- Stimulating Collagen and Elastin Production
- Reducing the Appearance of Cellulite
- Correcting the Hip Dips
How long does body contouring last?
Non-surgical Body contouring treatment performed with hyaluronic acid fillers (specifically HYAcorp) can last from 12 months to 24 months.
What are the risks of body contouring?
The risks of body contouring largely depend on which technology is used and the area treated. Needless to say, surgery treatments are going to come with certain risks, although is relatively uncommon.
Pain in these invasive treatments can also come with certain degree of pain, discomfort or the patient can experiment some burning feeling immediately after the procedure, but as always, it depends on the individual pain threshold.
In addition, patients may exhibit one or more of the following reactions: irritation, itching, a mild burning sensation (similar to a sunburn), redness, swelling, blistering, bruising and fragile skin to the touch.
It is recommended, during the initial consultation appointment, to ask the specialist for a complete list of possible side effects and a safe post-treatment routine.
At HYAcorp, we highly recommend you to talk to your doctor about the best options for you and the risks associated with them.
Contact us if you need help to find a professional near you.